Heart & Sole Bike/Run Combo
If you’re ready for a greater challenge, or you’re training for the upcoming triathlon season, why not push it to the limit and do the Bike/Run Combo?
Participants ages 14 and older have the option to bike and then run the distance of your choosing. Decide on your running distance then register for a bike/run combo as one event for a savings!
This is not a “true” duathlon – there will be two mass starts, one for the bike and one for the run. We are able to offer a supervised area for you to store your bike and gear. It should also be noted that there is no combined time for both events – you will be timed as though you are competing in two separate events. Happily, top awards ARE given for the combo event in which you register.
Bike/Run Combo events include:
- 13.8 mile bike/2 mile run
- 13.8 mile bike/5K run
- 13.8 mile bike/10K run
- Bike helmets are mandatory.
- All riders must be 14 and older.
- This is not a paved road race – there are gravel roads and uneven surfaces so please choose your bike accordingly.
- Bike racers who plan to run MUST be at the running start line by 9:30 or you will not be allowed to compete. It is up to the participant to make sure you can complete the bike course with enough time to get to the starting line for the run.
- No bike trailers, tandem bikes, child seats, dogs, etc. are permitted.
- Riders must ride as far to the right of the road as safe to do so. The route will have traffic marshals posted, but all riders are expected to obey any and all traffic signals – this includes the light at the U.S. 12/ Freer Rd. intersection!
- Riders are responsible for insuring a bicycle is in good repair.
Bike Distance: 13.8 miles, Run/Walk Distance: 2 miles / 5K / 10K
Start time: 8:15am bike / 9:30 am run
Registration fee: $45 (ages 14+)
Late Fee $5 if after 9pm, 4/2/13
(It won’t cost you anything extra!)
Can’t Register online? Heart & Sole Printable Registration